To enter our slideshow contest you are not obliged to create an actual slideshow.
• Name all your jpgs in the order to be projected i.e.: PSPF1.jpg, PSPF2.jpg etc.
• Create a folder with your name and enclose all your jpgs (2500 pixels on the long edge).
• Add your music file to the folder. One vendor for royalty-free music is The Music Case
• Add your text file with title, description and contact info to the folder
• Zip the folder into one compressed file before sending / uploading to us.
• Send via dropbox, hightail.com, wetransfer.com or any other file transfer service to us at contest AT palmspringsphotofestival.com
If you choose to make a slideshow, we will use it for reference. If your show is selected for projection in our contest, we will remake it using your slideshow to guide us, using our software. Include your slideshow in a mac-readable format to your folder in this case.
SEND US YOUR SLIDE SHOWS!
NO ENTRY FEE
YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE ATTENDING THE FESTIVAL TO SEND US A SLIDE SHOW ENTRY
Each evening of the festival we present the work of 4 finalists. Your work could be seen by the faculty, sponsors and attendees of the Palm Springs Photo Festival on the large screen in the Annenberg Theater of the Palm Springs Art Museum.
OVER $4000 WORTH OF PRIZES WILL BE OFFERED TO THE WINNER FROM OUR MAJOR SPONSORS
DON’T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR SLIDE SHOWS IS APRIL 10, 2017
You can send as many slide shows as you like. We accept Quicktime movies, Power Point and Keynote presentations.
Slide shows should not be longer than three minutes in duration and should have music. If you don’t include music, we’ll try to marry the work with compatible music at our end. All images should be sized to 2500 pixels on the long dimension. We request you send us a brief text about your project, including your name, address, email address and telephone number with your submission. There is no entry fee required.